Looking to make a DIY dog cake that is yummy, inexpensive, and healthy?
We recently celebrated Oliver’s first birthday and I decided to make a doggie cake for him and his best friend. After browsing several videos on Youtube, I found a very simple recipe that turned out to be a huge hit. I made a few modifications such as incorporating chicken, which is Oliver’s most favorite food in the whole world. If your dog loves chicken, he’ll enjoy this cake too!
Chicken and Carrot Dog Birthday Cake (Easy & Healthy)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup boiled chicken, drained and shredded
- ¼ cup sunflower seed oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups cream cheese, room temperature
1. Combine the grated carrot and egg in a bowl and beat until combined. Add the chicken, sunflower seed oil, and water and mix until combined. Add the flour and mix well.
2. Spray two small round cake pans with cooking spray and divide the batter between them, smoothing the surface. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350F for 35 minutes, until golden brown on top. Let the cakes cool completely.
3. Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy.
4. Slice the cake in half. Place one layer on a serving tray of your choice and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese over the surface. Cover the entire surface sparingly with cream cheese. Place the remaining cream cheese in a piping bag fitted with a small piping tip and pipe dollops of cream cheese onto the top of the cake.
**Recipe inspired by PankoBunny on Youtube (video: https://youtu.be/RRdm4ixDH5k). Check out her channel, she makes lots of yummy dog treats!
♥ Follow OLIVER on Instagram
♥ Read more My Poodle Diary posts:
- Most Adorable Dog and Owner Matching Sets on Etsy (2021)
- Cute Dog Gifts on Amazon Under $30 – 2021 Edition
- Our Toy Poodle’s Shocking Diagnosis: Avascular Necrosis of the Femoral Head
- Meet my Toy Poodle Puppy
- 7 Things I Regret Buying for My Toy Poodle
- 7 Tips for Puppy Indoor Potty Training
PIN THIS FOR LATER
Disclaimer: *Links above may contain affiliate links. If you click on them and purchase something from the linked site, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which contributes to running this blog.